Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tapering?

Well I ran 40.4 miles this week which doesn't seem like I'm tapering since I average somewhere in the 40's most weeks. But I did take it easy and I have found since I don't beat myself up I need to keep going until the week before the race so my legs will take the 26.2 miles well.
I had another massage today which was great as usual. Shannon never disappoints.
Tuesday - Thursday I ran 5.4, 4.1, and 6.0 miles respectively. After taking Friday off I ran 10.6 miles in 1:23:10 at 7.5 mph for a 7:50.8/mi. pace.
I had a few pains in my legs and gluts this week and my intestines were slightly painful to the touch. I'm not sure why but none of it seemed to effect my running.
I'm aiming for 8:00 minutes per mile in Boston; I have gone below this in my 3 of my last 4 longer runs of 11.2, 10.3 and 10.6 miles but my 14.6 mile run was at 8:18/mile.                                                 I think on race day I could fall somewhere in between 3:30 and 3:37 BUT Boston is tough.
I'm aiming for about 30 miles this week and then off on Saturday and Sunday. I hope to run on Friday which I usually take off but I don't want to take 3 days off in a row unless I'm hurting.
I posted a few links on Twitter  about advice on marathon dayhttp://www.salemnews.com/pusports/local_story_099002455.html?keyword=topstory, news/video on Kara Goucher (Flocasts) and news/video on Ryan Hall (WBZ). Twitter me @keithal2.

No comments: