Monday, April 06, 2009

Rainy Days

I can't believe I haven't written anything in almost 2 weeks.
I ran well on Wednesday and Thursday BUT on Saturday I ran 11.2 miles at 7:30.4 mile pace.
That's the fastest I've run in over a year. I felt GREAT!!!
I got a massage after; only the 2nd time in over 2 months.
Last week I ran well, my usual 5-6 miles per day during the week.
This weekend I ran 14.6 miles at 7.3 mph in 2:01:10 on Saturday. Then I spent the day at St. Joe's college in West Hartford. My youngest daughter will be a student there in the Fall. The people were amazing; my wife and I get very good feeling about the school and we both feel Tiffany will love it there.
Sunday I didn't feel like running right away so after Mass my oldest daughter and I went to Panera's and I had a few cups of 1/2 decaf and 1/2 reg black coffee.
I went out for an easy 7 miler and enede up running 10.3 miles at 7.6 mph in 1:20:10 for a 7:47 pace. I didn't drink anything for about 6 miles. I would like to incorporate some caffeine in my pre-race drink; I feel I could run faster throughout the race.
After I rototilled the garden for about 1 1/2 hours. At that point I was done in.
My legs were tired. I took a cold water bath for 10 minutes and later used ice on my legs.
I felt better this morning and race an easy 4.0 miles.
I've been reading the latest Runner's World about Kara Goucher and the Boston Marathon.
There is a video of Kara running a 20 mile training run on the marathon course at http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234839-2009-boston-marathon/166451-kara-on-the-boston-course

No comments: