Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Run *

Today I ran 10.7 miles after running 16.4 yesterday and I still feel OK. I ran 10.7 in 1:33:20 at 6.8 mph a 3:42.8/mi. pace. Slow but 27.1 miles in 2 days is a lot for me.
My legs actually feel stronger after hurting my left foot last Thursday.
I've been eating a lot of vegetables in the last few days and also salmon and 3 hamburgers.
I've iced my legs a few times too. I may finally go over 50 miles for the week this week.
There's a good article on http://www.marathonguide.com/index.cfm, 'Spacing out' helps distance runners cope with rigors of race http://bit.ly/38MHU7
This happens to me on my long runs too. I'm usually alone and I never listen to music. It used to be even worse when I first started running long. My longest training run has been just over 24 miles.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i'm pretty sure i space out on most of my runs. i'll get back and can't recall some of the middle miles! it is kind of nice though. nice job on the two long runs - i need to get in a better habit of icing. i can tell my legs are needing it with the recent higher mileage.