Thursday, July 09, 2009

Day Off After Long Run *

Yesterday I ran 14.0 miles in 1:57:30 7.1 mph for a pace of 8:23.6/mi. I believe I was getting stronger during the run with negative splits but my ankles were sore after. That would have been a 3:40 marathon pace, good for a training run. My route was hilly and I ran through Enfield, Longmeadow MA., East Longmeadow MA., Somers CT and back to Enfield.
Tuesday was a full moon which seems to effect my running.
Woke up and my ankles were tight. I decided to take the day off since I have run over 35 miles already this week and if I run tomorrow I may go over 50 miles total for the week. That would be the most weekly miles for 2009.
The Marine Corps Marathon site has a 3 D video course tour, http://www.marinemarathon.com/mcm_community/video_highlights/2009_Course_Tour.htm
if you know Washington at all you can easily see what you will be running by for each mile.

No comments: