Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Beautiful Weekend in Connnecticut

I was Off on Friday.
Today I ran 22.2 miles in 3:09:40
I find that running at least 20 miles each month helps me to stay in marathon fitness.
It was sunny, windy but I ran 7.0 mph for the entire run.
Shannon had an accident on Thursday and she left a brief message for me on Friday BUT I haven't talked to her about. I was told she is OK. I have called several times but now her mailbox is full.
I hope to see her next Saturday but I am having a problem with my cash flow ;-)
I have learned a lot from Shannon. I incorporate it in my daily routine. At 57 I feel blessed that she has helped me SO much! I'm not sure if she ever reads this BUT if she does I need to acknowledge that I would have not run any marathons without her and I would not run as well without her help.
I wish that she could help more potential runners! I could list everything she has done for me here but it would not reach many runners.
There were over 30 folks from Nerac on Friday. I had a great time; I felt that it was a family at Nerac which doesn't happen often at a company and I am genuinely interested in their families now; one of my friend's son is running the State Open relay in the 1600 today; he is an excellent runner and passionate about running; he will some day achieve national recognition; his Uncle was a sub-3:00 marathoner for years and he his has followed in his footsteps. His grandfather ran strong races into his 60's. I LOVE RUNNERS AND RUNNING. 
I hope David is back to running and setting his sights on a PR!!!!
I find YOU inspirational!
  

No comments: