Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Day Like No Other

So after running last evening I thought I wouldn't be as fresh today. I got up to see the Red Sox early and they lost 5-1 to Oakland.
I went out at 10:00 to run and I felt a little stressed. I thought I was running slow but when I checked at 3+ miles I was running at 7.8 mph. WOW I have run so fast so quick ion a run in a while. At 4.66 miles I was at 7.9 mph. I had a hill with a bad road surface and some head winds and feel to 7.7 mph but I felt strong. I kept pushing and in the end ran 10.5 miles in 1:18:10 (7.9 mph) at 7:26.7/mi. pace. I wore the 2120's.
I haven't run like this since March of 2006. My legs feel fine right now and with 5 days left to the month I am over 190 miles already for March.
A lot of meat at supper (4:00) on Monday, a lot of Carbs (breakfast, lunch, ww pasta with some chicken for supper) yesterday seemed to help. I ate only a power bar this morning before going for the run as usual. I like to feel light when I run.

No comments: