Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ups and Downs of an Unemployed Runner

I haven't written since last Wednesday. My job hunting is frustrating. I think I have a good lead and then something falls through.
On Thursday I ran 6.1 miles in 48:38 (7.4 mph) at a 7:58.4/mi. pace. I felt good and I have picked up the pace this week which feels good. Off on Friday so I can run long on Saturday.
Saturday I ran 20.4 miles in 2:49:03 (7.2 mph) at 8:17.2/mi. pace. I felt good took 4 drinks and 2 packs of Gu. This was a little faster than 2 weeks ago, so I'm heading in the right direction for Boston. Three weeks to go. Over 60 miles for the week.
I took Sunday off and cleaned. I breathed in so much dust that I had a hard time breathing on Monday. I had to take Monday off too. I was exhausted and just studied for my CDL permit most of the day.
Today I'm feeling much better. I'll run this morning.
I ran from 10:15 to 10:45 this morning, 10.1 miles in 1:25 (7.0 mph) at 8:25.0/mi. pace.
My left ankle was stiff for 1.20 miles and my legs felt a little tired after 7.5 miles but overall it was a good run. I had a meeting at unemployment at 1:00 which gave a few ideas to pursue. I have an application to fill in this afternoon so I'll end for now.

No comments: