Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring is Here

After 2 days off I ran on Holy Thursday 10.3 miles in 1:24:50 (7.2 mph) at 8:14.2/mi. My left ankle and leg still are bothering me.
I took Good Friday off and had a massage. I talked to Shannon K my massage therapist about how I was feeling. She made some suggestions and did a great job on my legs.
Saturday I was able to run 11.8 miles in 1:34:50 (7.4 mph) in 8:02.2/mi. I felt good all day.
Easter Sunday I didn't have a lot of time so I decided to do a fast 4. I ran 4.3 miles in 32:55 (7.8 mph) at a 7:39.3/mi. pace.
I sat around a lot during the day and traveled by car for over 31/2 hours so my legs and feet were a little stiff but today I feel OK. My wife and daughters and 2 of my grandkids went to Waterford to visit my brother and his wife and daughter. We had a nice time catching up and then we got to see Shannon's new condo. Very nice!!! It's near the water with a great view of the shore.
Back home we were able to visit with many relatives including my wife Annemarie's sister from MD and brother from DE.
I was just thinking this may be the most miles I have run in a month in several years. It may be why my ankles hurt. But I feel in great shape.
Today I ran 12.1 miles in 1:34:55 (7.4 mph) at 7:50.7/mi. pace. I worn my asics 2120's RP.

No comments: