Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thoughts for the Week

Wednesday was my oldest grandson's birthday. Sam was 9. We had 2 party's for him one on Sunday with some of his friends and one on Tuesday. When my wife's Mom was going home from the party she fell. My wife and her oldest brother went with her to the hospital. They came home at 3 AM. The prognosis: Fractured left shoulder in 2 places.
I had to stay over her house on Thursday night so I didn't get much sleep. Friday my youngest daughter, Tiffany, went to the Junior Prom. I was in a daze on Friday. My plans to run over 20 miles on Saturday seemed to be in jeopardy. Tiffany looked beautiful. I was in the process of changing my plans for running this weekend. But my wife said I did not have to stay over Mom's house Friday night.
Friday's I usually get a massage. I saw Shannon at noon. I felt better but very tired.
Friday night I had to watch 2 of my grandkids, Sam and Katie, until one of my daughters came home. I feel asleep about 10:30. At 2:15 I had to get up when Tiffany came home. She had a great time.
At 6:15 Julie, my oldest daughter (Sam and Katie's Mom) came over. She was taking a test to be qualified to teach in CT. I got up briefly.
I laid in bed until about 10 trying to rest my legs as much as possible.
I went out at 10:45 for my run. My left in-step hurt on and off for much of the run. But I was able to go 23.6 miles in 3:20:00 at 7.1 mph. A little slower than I wanted but I felt strong.
After 3 straight days of 10+ miles and over 20 miles after one day of "rest" I felt good about my progress this week. 5 weeks til Boston!!! Over 61 miles for the week.

No comments: