Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cross Training and Long Run

After my Achilles hurt on the 19th I decided that a couple of short runs followed by a lot of cross training was in order to help me have a successful long run today. Last week I ran only 7.5 miles but I rowed 7000 meters and went 12.8 miles on the elliptical trainer.
Today I ran 18.3 miles in 2:48; I took it easy at first, went and ran 5 miles after the first 7 on the road and finished up on the road at a faster pace. When I tried to push the pace in Rehoboth I had the cramps in my left calf so I thought that a faster pace for the last 3+ miles would help. I finished about 2 hours ago and I feel fine right now. That will probably be my last long run over 10 miles before Hyannis. I'm trying to build for Boston and so far my plan is working. I will ride the HTC bus again this year to Boston.

No comments: