Monday, December 26, 2011

After a Merry Christmas My First Run Outside

I was able to run 2 more times at the gym last week. I tried the new Mizuno Wave Rider 15 and the aSTAR by Adidas. I like the Wave Rider but the aSTAR were heavy. I'll try both outside in the next few weeks.
Today I ran 10.2 miles outside dressed in an Ice Breaker Merino wool shirt and Nike wind relector pants and top. A bit warm but there was considerable wind at times. 1:30:43 an 8:53/mi. pace. I ran the first 2 miles with my daughter Kelly and then she turned to run just 5 miles. I felt faster and stronger after 7.2 miles and both of my ankles/Achilles feel OK right now. I hope the weather holds but I did get snow shoes yesterday for Christmas so I will be doing some cross training this winter in the snow.

No comments: