Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Running Problems and the Larger Picture

My left arch and my nerve problems in my right leg have popped up again this week. But with the problems in the world they seem insignificant and if I have learned anything from all the miles I have run, it's to remain positive and hopeful. I ran 5.2 (outside), 6.5 and 6.3 the past 3 days but I'm so tired today after starting work earlier that I will take today off. The nerve pain in my right leg is back I think because of 2 days in a row outside. That is really sad. But after no pain after the 1/2 I am hopeful for the run in Boston.
I wish they would have 3 waves next year of 10K each. Or give people 1 minute for each year they have run ie if you ran Boston for 10 years you would get in 10 minutes below your qualifying time. I really wanted to run 10 years in a row and I think about it every day all year long. I know this is crazy but I do. I think this will probably be my last year though if stick to their plan. I will enjoy this year regardless of the time I run the marathon. I have taken the whole weekend off so it will be special.

No comments: