Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Over the Injury?

I felt good today after running 5.2 miles in 46:38 and working the afternoon. I feel like I might be over my injury after 8 months. I guess it just takes a lot more time as you get older. I am determined to qualify for Boston next year and be able to run. It's funny how the 2 are separate and not, for the first time, equal. I realize that many people did qualify for Boston last year and will not be able to run in 2011 but 2012 will be different. I know that people don't want to hear this but some were fast enough to qualify but not fast enough to register. I have heard some complaints from these runners. They should have taken a Monday off and signed up. I had Monday off and it took me 2 1/2 hours to be accepted. I knew something was up but most of the runners I know who qualified are faster than me and probably would not have listened to me if I told them they better sign up now.
They will be taking my place in Boston in the near future. I hope they feel the race is as special as I have felt.But I have my doubts. There are other marathons at this time of year but since I have qualified I never thought of running any other than Boston. I had hoped to run at least 10 in a row. So I need to get better at 59 to qualify.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

i certainly hope you are over the injury! glad to see things are going well for the most part. i'll be up spectating boston - not running it this year; maybe i will see you zoom by!

hopefully the baa's changes will help make qualifying/registering easier... will be interesting to see how next year goes.

Old Man said...

who'd have ever thought that Boston would sell out that quickly. Use to take months to sell out. Just raises the "awe factor" of Boston.