Tuesday, March 22, 2011

End of Week and Turning Point

I took several days off last week; I still haven't been able to balance my 2 jobs after working at them for weeks. Maybe it's my age I don't really know. I did run 7.0 miles in 1:00:31 on last Friday and took Saturday off in anticipation of a 20 on Sunday.
Sunday I started running the 20 miler around 11:30; it was cool in the mid to upper 40's. I ran to the Fermi HS track about 4.3. I then ran almost 11 miles around the artificial track. My thinking was that I had had some left foot arch problems in the 1/2 in Colchester and I wanted to take it as easy as I could to see if I didn't break down trying to run 20. I felt strong at the end of the track run; I had taken 2 porta-potty breaks of about 1 minute each and stopped to drink out of a quart Gatorade bottle 3 X's (2/3 water, 1/3 Gatorade). I then took off for home.
I felt strong all the way home, even hitting 7:50 at one point. The totals 20.1 miles, 2:52:53, 8:36/mi. and a 13.1 of 1:52:30.
I have felt no pain in my right leg at all, even after 48 hours. Today I ran 3.1 miles on a treadmill in 29:13. My right leg felt a little weak twice but NO PAIN! I have recovered well. I will be somewhat conservative this week in the length and speed of my workouts but I am very pleased with my preparation for Boston.

No comments: