Monday, September 29, 2008

Adirondack Marathon

Since my left achilles was really tight all week I took it easy for the first 3 miles.  Then it got hilly from 3 to mile 11. Up and up. It was a beautiful course BUT more hills than any marathon I have run. The first 13.1 were short 3 and 4 part hills; the last 13.1 were long sweeping hills.
I came in 49th in 3:45:34; 2nd in my age group M55-59. I received a large maple leaf glass container full of maple syrup. That was cool. The top runners received large bear statues which was also very cool.
On Friday I still didn't know if I could make it all the way through so I was thrilled with my time and felt OK most of the run.
Now I have less than 2 weeks until Hartford. I hope to run between 3:29 and 3:39.
Today I ran 4 miles today after Biking the Berkshires on Saturday, a charity ride for MS. I rode 51 miles in 3:45. It was fun biking until some guy ran by me and I was wishing I was able to run ;-) 

No comments: