Saturday, October 07, 2006

You Don't Know What You've Got Til It's Gone

The last week I ran well was August 6 - 10; 34 miles that week. That's when my problems blossomed. On the 29th I pulled my hamstring. I went from 231 miles in July to 74 in August.
I have been going to PT now for 3 weeks. I have been swimming (over 5 miles each of the last 2 weeks) and biking (up to 80 miles per week) to stay in shape. But not running shape. Finally my left leg is getting stronger. I ran 6 miles last week. This week I ran 4 miles on Thursday 39:59 (9.59.7/mi.) and today I ran 6 miles in 53:17 (8:52.8/mi.). My leg doesn't hurt today after running (it was 6 hours ago since I finished). The swimming has helped a lot. I feel like I can again start planning to train for a marathon. Boston in April is my goal.

No comments: