Sunday, December 06, 2015

Rehoboth Seashore 2015

I did not have the pressure I felt in the past to run a BQ since I had one in Hartford. Annemarie and I ate at Dogfishead on Friday night, I had burger. I use to eat ww pasta but this year I have felt like I need more protein. I went back to the Marriott and had a 20g protein bar and a 10g Clif bar too.
The race started as it has the past 4 years, I took it easy through mile 4. The Clifton 2's are better than the 1's and I felt good but did not push too hard 5-17. I had to go for about 5 miles and used the porta potty at mile 17, I was looking to just run into one and it worked here at 17.
From this point on I felt great and pushed, gel starting at mile 4 and 3 salt capsules, the last at mile 21. I was flying and passing people from 18 on and at 24 a runner I passed said I was on a sub 4. I was able to run hard through the finish and came in in 3:59:47, over a 10 minute BQ!
It was a great race. Even though CC does not read this and she thinks it's all me I have to give a lot of credit to Cecilia CC Major, my bodywork therapists esp. after my hip popped out last Sunday at work and she fixed it in 2 hours on Thursday.
I can not say enough for MASSAGE THERAPY. Find a good one and show your appreciation.

No comments: