Saturday, November 24, 2012

Manchester Road Race 2012

I warmed up for 10 minutes, went to the bathroom at DD and walked to the start. I was in the Under 40 this year for the first time. I was determined to go faster than last year, 39:02. There were a lot of young kids in my corral but they 12-16 year olds have been beating me for years in this race.
The gun went off and I kept up with the crowd. As we turned the corner I had to slow some but the pace was good for me. Hit mile one at sub 8 and I felt great. After rolling up the hill I came down fast and kept it up on the flat. I was never out of breath. My clock time was about 36:10 but my chip time was 35:47 beating last year by over 3 minutes. Right calf hurt some so I didn't push too hard at the end.
A very satisfying  run.
I'm ready for Rohoboth!

No comments: