Sunday, February 19, 2012

Less than a Week to Go

I ran 3 days in a row and on Saturday when I was tied my shoe to go to work the top of my right foot hurt. 16.7 miles W-F and 31.7 miles for the week. Today I walked about 2 hours with my dog, Bridget and my foot feels OK but my feet hurt going into marathon season. Any advice???
I'm thinking next year I may run more 1/2s; I guess at 60 and the way I live my life 1/2s may be a better way to go. I'll still run 1-2 full marathons but I will not push myself to 4-6 unless I feel great, which I haven't since I stopped seeing Shannon for weekly massages. When I got laid off and knew I wouldn't see Shannon anymore I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up my marathons. I had hoped I could still see her but it wasn't possible she needed more money than I could afford; Shannon was a blessing which I didn't deserve. NERAC was a family and when Kevin killed it he killed a lot more than just jobs. I can still run marathons but it is a lot more difficult. A job is a job. Running is life. He took my pain-free running life from me. I hope he enjoys his millions as much as I enjoyed my marathons; then it would be OK.

No comments: