Tuesday, February 14, 2012

KeyBank Vermont City Marathon 1/2 Relays

First let me say I finished last week with a 4 and a 4.1 mile run with an off day on Saturday. 15 on Sunday, a very cold, windy day has made me take 2 days off.
But today my family found out we only received 2 relays for Vermont. Now this might sound like a lot and maybe a bit gluttonous but we needed 3. 5 of my co-workers at Fleet Feet are running the full and one of my friends/co-workers was running with my family in the 1/2 relays. I will try to get another relay but next year we will make a decision as a family where we will go to carry on our running tradition and hopefully, soon, all run a marathon together. The KeyBank Vermont City is my favorite marathon and has helped get my 4 kids and grandkids into running and I tell everyone who comes into our store in West Hartford how much I love it. Maybe I have told too many people to the point that we will be shut out and disappoint some family members. Unfortunately, everyone is not ready to run the full. Maybe Buffalo would be a better choice for the family; they have a 1/2 marathon and a 4-person relay. I know I don't have a lot of followers but have any of you run Buffalo? 

No comments: