Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Raleigh Half Marathon

Yes I ran the half. The course was very hilly and my son kept saying it was nothing compared to the full. So I was happy with my decision. I ran about 8:10/mi. after the first mile for a while. I would slow down on the hills until about mile 8. They gave out Accelerade as the sport drink which was very good. I ran with Keith from mile 3.5 to 5 and then he took off. He was running the 10k. The 1/2 and full ran together for about 9+ miles and then the 1/2 looped back to the finish. I felt strong and kicked by about 15 people the last 2+ miles. Finished strong at 1:48:13, 6/40 in my age group, 55-59.
Today my Achilles doesn't hurt at all. It's actually a little scary; I have had at least some pain now since July. I have a lot of yard work to do today but I will work out later.
Last night I signed up for the Rohoboth Beach Seashore Marathon on December 10. I just want to get back to running marathons. I will take it easy; a 3:50-4:00 would be OK.

No comments: