Sunday, September 04, 2011

Rehab

My right achilles has been a mess. I have done a fair amount of biking/cycling for a month. What is it about people who bike that they need for me to say cycling? I find it boring. I go about 15-18 miles per hour and I enjoy listening to music the whole time in contrast to running where I never listen to music.
I just started to run again on July 31; 3.2 miles on a treadmill. I tried 2 miles the next day and I had to stop. I am going to PT and as I had therapy the next day I said I felt I was back to square 1.
Yesterday I woke with the thought that I should take my dog for a run in the park next door. We went for a 5.8 mile run and I wore Saucony Kinvara's over grass, trails, rocky paths and asphalt. 5.8 miles and my legs are good today. I ran 2 miles before church and work and my legs still feel fine tonight. My achilles is OK.
What am I to do? I am going to try to run with Julie tomorrow on the roads to see if the Kinvara's are working more than the Ghost.
I will have cancel the full in Erie but I hope I can run the 2 halfs with my daughter Julie and Tiffany at the end of September and the middle of October.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

just got your email as i was doing a little blog reading. sorry to hear you've been going thru a lot off-the-blog.

i took all of august (and a little bit of july) off. starting over again is tough! i didn't do any exercise - so i lost everything and really had to start from scratch.

hope you figure out what you need to do to pamper that achilles, and that you can still run with your daughters!