Friday, April 15, 2011

Boston

Well I didn't have any beer for about 2 weeks but I had some today because I felt tired and out of sort. I do feel better now. I only ran 3 times this week, I was tired today and wanted to run but felt it was best for the race not to run. Since last Thursday I ran 19.3 miles, I will go to the Expo tomorrow with my daughter Tiffany. My wife's mom had a stroke on Wednesday and so with a heavier heart than usual I will run and celebrate the Boston Marathon. I hope I will qualify for next year but at 59 you just don't know. My right leg gives me a shock every once in awhile; what it is trying to tell me, right now I am trying to ignore. I do understand the new qualifying standards but I have come to think of Boston as my race and it will definitely leave an empty feeling if I can not run next year. Hopefully, my leg will be OK and I will be able to run a qualifying time in Vermont.

No comments: