Monday, December 15, 2008

The Cold has Taken its Toll

I ran only 3 days last week. 6.3 miles on Sunday and I couldn't run Monday. The bottom of my right foot hurt. I ran Tuesday 5.1 miles and then took Wednesday through Friday off. 
I bought Lance Armstrong Nike's on Thursday, they are much more cushioned in the toes, and I was told by the person at Dick's that they are for people with high arches too. It was only the second time that someone at Dick's seemed knowledgeable. She and her husband are runners and she suggested the Nikes.
I ran 18.2 miles on Saturday; I ran 4 miles to the artificial track at the high school, 10.2 miles on the track and 4 miles home. I felt really good. 
Shannon had me make the Dragon's Blood into a paste and I put it on both achilles. I also used the foam roller on both achilles/calfs.
Sunday I ran 8.2 miles at 7.1 mph in 1:08:55. I felt good all day. I didn't want to over do it so I took today off. 
I have run over 1900 miles; I hope to get close to 2000.

No comments: