Friday, October 31, 2008

Manchester City Marathon Sunday

I haven't written since last Thursday. Saturday 10.4 miles in 1:24:00 7.4 mph but I didn't feel great after; my left side was way too tight. I had a massage and went to a Cub Scout outing from 3-8 so I decided that it was best to take Sunday off.
On Monday I had a pinched nerve in my left leg. Monday and Tuesday I didn't sleep well.
For the next 3 days I ran:
10/28 4.1 miles  7.4 mph 33:30 8:10.2/mi.
10/29 7.1 miles  7.3 mph 58:28 8:14.1/mi.
10/30 5.3 miles 7.4 mph 42:44 8:03.8/mi.
Last week I was much faster. My leg finally felt OK last night after I used a tennis ball to loosen the nerve in my upper left leg. Today I got out of work at 12 because I originally planned to drive up to Manchester and pick up my number/chip today but my plans have changed. I going up tomorrow and staying over night. BUT today I was riding around town and realized that the old car (20 years old next month) which I am driving since my car died did not have enough cushion in the seat and my back/spine hurt.
I have never run 6 marathons in 7 months. I feel like I am OK because in the past I have run long miles a lot between races and frankly, after being laid off in January, I felt I was very fortunate to find a job at a company which seemed to like it that I liked to exercise. I just have this feeling that with the economy the way it is, I should run as many marathons I can because if I have to find another job, I may not be so blessed AND it is really cool to be part of the Marathon Maniacs.
Tomorrow off to Manchester. I love running marathons!!!
My son Keith is running the full marathon in Raleigh, Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon.
I hope he runs a conservative race; I think he can run a sub 4:00 if he does.
Of course NYC has a marathon this weekend too! That was great fun last year. I'll run it again before I'm done.

No comments: