Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's Been a Long Time Coming...

I haven't written for a while. I've been busy getting laid-off from work and looking for a new job. One of my old colleagues said I need a job not a career. But life is exciting and the prospect of doing something new or the same work in a new setting does give me chills somewhat like I get when I run a marathon.
2007 came and went. 4 marathons: Miami, Boston, Chicago, and New York. WOW!!! I had a great time. I ran Chicago with my son. I will never forget that. Just the 2 of us in Chicago. It was great. I could have stayed forever. The people and the experience was amazing.
1925 plus miles for 2007.
January of 2008 I ran over 213 miles. Nine times over 9 miles.
February 16th I ran 20.6 miles in 2:48:15 for a 7.3mph pace in 8:10/mi. Connecticut is tough in February: snow tomorrow may limit my running for a couple of days. No more treadmills. The Gym is gone.
So far the lay off has not effected my running. I hope I can always say this. At 56 my health and my running is very important to me.

No comments: