Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It Must Be Wednesday

7.1 miles in 59:32 today. Since I'm unemployed I found the best times to run are 10-11:30 and 1-2:30. Drivers are so polite; they move over so I don't have to run through the snow and ice. I saw friends from my former job this morning which was nice; one friend who was a runner but had stopped now runs at least 20 miles a week. Nice. I worn new shoes today. Brooks GTS 7. I have never run in a Brooks shoe but I found them to be an excellent light weight and supportive shoe (nice around corners). Since I have worn orthotics I feel like I have a moderate pronation and this shoe was recommended. On the first run they were great.
I'm not sure why but I don't seem to get more than 250 miles from a shoe before I need a replacement.
My bunion is bothering me a lot this week. I'm not sure if all the outdoor running on the road works for me. I have used a bike on rollers in the past but I JUST WANT TO RUN!!! I have taken more days off this month than I want to to help my feet.

I wish someone who had even more experience than me would read this blog.

No comments: