Thursday, November 08, 2007

New York Marathon


NY was very nice. I stayed in Jersey City. Subways were a little confusing but on race day found 2 people who helped me get to the Staten Island ferry. The ride over was fun. We wait a short time for the bus and off to the park to wait for the race.
I met people from the UK, Denmark, Germany, and Italy. They made the announcements in about 20 different languages. That was really cool. I'm glad I had several plastic bags with me to keep warm. I got a space to lay down on the grass.
The race was a little frustrating; it took 18 minutes to get to the start and I ran past people the whole race. But it was FUN the entire way. The bands were awesome!!! The Verrazano-Narrows bridge was cool; a great start to the race.
Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx and then back to Manhattan to finish in the park. Running into the Bronx I talked to a guy from New Zealand. Very cool.
When I got to the Park I was running strong and ran past 100's of people. The picture is of me in Central Park. I finished in 3:48 which was a little slow but overall a great time. We ate at Virgil's after the race. Great food and reasonable prices. It was recommended by 2 friends.

No comments: