Sunday, December 07, 2014

Rohoboth Marathon

First, I had a great time again!
I started off by talking to a couple of Maniacs, I think #36 and 25??.
The day was cool and I worn Ice Breaker long sleeve. My bottles of Nuun/orange juice slipped right away and I had to carry the bottles in my hands for 6 miles. But I was determined to run under 3:55.
I talked to several people and ran with a women running her second marathon, her first in Hartford 2014.
We ran together until about mile 16 and then she pulled away. I had to use the porta potty but I knew if I did my chances of running sub 3:55 were slim at best. I kept going. At mile 23 I was trying not to slow down. At mile 25 I was trying to keep it under 10:00/mi. pace. I succeeded. I was totally spent at 26 but pushed to the end for a 3:53:40. A Boston qualifier but I know I can do better.

No comments: