Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Boston 2015

It was an entirely different day than any other Boston Marathon. First, I drove myself to Hopkinton. I parked where the family use to drop me off at the South lot. The weather was cold, rainy and windy. I talked to a lot of people about marathons in general, it was nice to be talking just about running once again.
The race went well, I took my time and enjoyed every minute of it. The crowd was huge for such weather; I saw blind runners, people with one or 2 artificial legs, wheel chairs, autistic runners, charity runners and even a guy with a broken leg on 2 crutches going down the middle of the road.
The Hoka Clifton's helped my feet. I had no foot pain after and felt fine at the finish. I do think I would have finished faster in the Saucony Ride but my feet would have been more beat up. I did stop at 3 porta-potties which had to add at least 7 minutes to my time.
The bus back to Hopkinton was great and the people I sat near all were about my age and had run several Bostons. It was fun to talk to them about hopefully coming back to run again.

No comments: