Monday, September 08, 2014

Via Marathon

So OK I missed posting in August. I seem to have 6 things left to do at the end of my day, every day! I have so much to do and running is not always #1 ;(
The Lehigh Valley Health Network Via Marathon was fun. It had it's positives and a few negatives but overall I accomplished what I wanted to in running it. I did not like the long down hill near thew beginning but I loved the trails! I felt good after recovering from the hill (mile 6) and I felt strong at the finish, no cramping. I took 4 salt capsules, S!Caps before mile 7, 14, and 21. 6 gels and OJ w/o Nuun (ran out); mostly water Gatorade just 2Xs.
Finished in 4:01:19 because I had to use the Porta-potty at mile 18 for about 3 minutes :( I find it tough traveling and finding the right food to set myself up for the race.
Hoping for a 3:50 in Hartford October 11.

No comments: