Friday, May 31, 2013

The 25th Keybank Vermont City Marathon

It was another great year for the Vermont Marathon. My kids ran the 1/2 relay once again; another boy friend and a sub but they all finished strong!
The weather was GREAT! Rainy and cold. I am getting older and I do not like to be too hot. Winter marathons seem best for me now. So that said, I felt great at the beginning. I had a pace band for 8:40 and 8:50 per mile and I knew one of the pacers for the 8:45/mile. I wanted to run below my pace for 3-5 miles and the hit it. At mile 7 I was on the 8:50 pace and held it to the end. I kept telling myself BOSTON!!! I felt like I should have qualified in Boston and I was determined to do it here, MY MOST FAVORITE MARATHON! The rain, puddles, pacers and other runners just spurred me on. A 3:51:09 should get me in to Boston, my qualifying time is 3:55. It will be my ninth in a row. I can not think of not running Boston. My house looks like a little kids room with all the posters!
6 gels and 3 salt tablets; Gator Aide 3 times too. I feel like I can run even faster since my bunion on my left foot did not hurt for the first time in 11 marathons.

No comments: