Monday, January 14, 2013

Mississippi Blues and Beyond

It was a cool day for the race, 34-50 degrees F. I wore a light Ice Breaker shirt (150) and compression shorts and socks. I ran as slow as I could for 5 miles and held back for 12 miles. Everything was fine! I picked it up at mile 16 and pushed at mile 18. But I ran out of sugar (even though I took 7 Gu's) by mile 24.
I finished 4:12:13 and felt good with my calves burning. Blues CDs, Red beans and rice, great metal and shirt. Rolling hills did make it a tough marathon.
Went to Vicksburg the next day and Bravo! for supper. Great day after the marathon. Mississippi gets 2 thumbs up!!!
New Orleans with my niece Gina, Keith, Annemarie and I was great too.
Big plans for southern marathons next year.
8.1 miles yesterday and feeling OK today.

No comments: