Monday, March 09, 2009

Boston Preparation

On Wednesday and Thursday I ran 7.4 and 5.5 miles. After taking Friday off I was ready for a great weekend.
On Saturday the weather was beautiful and I was able to run 16.1 miles. My left ankle bothered me some but I ran it in 2:10:00 at a 7.4 mph pace. I had to keep myself from running and further.
On Sunday I went out at 11:45 and I ran 12.5 miles in 1:41:30 for a 7.4 mph pace again.
That was the best weekend in months. 
On Saturday afternoon I worked on my legs on and off and they felt great by the time I started to run on Sunday.
I use a lot of tips that Shannon has taught me and even my left hamstring is feeling better.
Today I was back on the treadmill. 
After running in the 2 different pairs of Nike Air Max Moto 6 on the weekend I switched back to the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8s. The combination seems to distribute the tightness in my legs so I can keep running every day but Friday.

No comments: