Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back at IT!

I took last week off. 3 marathons in 9 weeks. That is the most I have ever done in that amount of time. Taking a week off seems to be the right amount of time for me. I have read that you can take as much as 2 weeks off and I have also read that you should take a week off even when you don't run a race but just after a certain amount of time of hard training. I prefer to run a race then take time off. 
My bunyon on my left foot has changed my foot. You probably only have so many marathons in you and definitely only so many at a faster speed. This year I have found that the second day I start running again I have thoughts that I may not be able to run the same or my future plans may have to change. BUT my feet today seem OK. I did run too fast yesterday. I don't set a certain speed I just go out and run. Here is what I did the last 3 days:
11/09   4.2 miles in 34:04  at 7.4 mph for a pace of 8:06.7/mi.
11/10   5.3 miles in 40:49  at 7.8 mph for a pace of 7:42.1/mi.
11/11   4.2 miles in 34:21   at 7.3 mph for a pace of 8:10.7/mi.
The 7:42 per mile was too fast. My legs bothered me all day. I ran slower and shorter today and felt OK. My thighs hurt some today and my right ankle BUT after I stopped running everything was OK.
No matter what time I go to bed I wake up between 4 and 5 AM. Tomorrow I hope to run a slow 6 miler.   
 

No comments: