Saturday, April 07, 2007

Update!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long time since I added to this blog. January I ran a total of 165 miles including the ING Miami Marathon. I ran a 3:50:46. I was 425 overall. It poured at the start and I was standing in 2 inches of water at the beginning. Temperature 76 degrees and 76% humidity. Not ideal conditions. Miami may not be the best place to run for a PR. I drank too much beer (my son and I stayed next door to the Gordon Biersch brewpub) and felt full the next morning when I got up at 4:30. I was 13th in my age group just like in Vermont in 2006 where I ran a 3:18. BUT Miami was great!!!
In February I ran 138 miles total not as much as I had hoped to run but Connecticut can be a tricky place to run in the winter.
March was a good month I just broke in a new pair of orthotics which help me recover unlike my old orthotics which seemed to drain my legs of energy. Total miles for the month of March: 181.
April Boston Marathon in 9 days. I can not describe how great it is to run Boston. I hope everyone who runs marathons gets the opportunity to qualify and run. I hope I finally got my speed back; I ran 53:46 for 7 miles this morning (7:40.9/mi.) I have been tapering for 2 weeks and will take it easy for the next week.

No comments: